Monday, January 17, 2011

 

Our Student Speaks...

Hi my name is Kasey Schmidt and I am senior OTA student at River Valley Community College. After ten years in another allied health profession as a LNA the puzzle pieces finally fell together for my ultimate journey to join the occupational force. During that time I always knew there was something missing, but just didn't realize what it was yet; a fire deep down inside my belly that always craved the rehabilitative part to my clients care rather then just the maintenance of their function.

This new purpose is what I believe with the right timing took the controls and finally guided me to my true path. I can't explain to you in words the feelings and emotions that coincided with discovering the door to a satisfying destiny. That door will officially open when I receive my associates degree as an Occupational Therapy Assistant this May 2011, and take the national examination shortly after in order to get licensed in NH (all goes well fingers crossed).

I've just started my field work level II A with A Community in Motion, and am very excited about the experience. So far the team I've met with ACiM are incredible, hard working, passionate, fun, and innovative about their work. I am visiting schools districts this first week in which ACiM have contracts that deliver direct OT services with school-based therapy. I am excited and inspired by ACiM Farm Camp, ADHD & Life Coaching, and think it's holistic approach will be the best new thing for therapy to look towards, especially because of their targeting these virtues specifically in our young people of the future.

Written by: Kasey Schmidt
Posted by: Theresa Chausse

Labels:


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]